We Specialize in Digestive Issues
We specialize in digestive issues such as IBS, SIBO, GERD, acid reflux, IBD, food sensitivities and the myriad of related conditions.
In addition to tummy trouble, many of our clients have other conditions such as anemia, anxiety, autoimmune disease, depression, fatigue, headaches, women’s health conditions & weight gain, to name a few.
How is the digestive system related to non-digestive symptoms? One of the main roles of the digestive system is to break down the food you eat into nutrients and biochemicals – components used across the entire body. Simply put, digestive issues can result in missing components, which can cause system breakdown over time.
Another main role of the digestive system is to house our microbiome, which are the friendly bacteria with which we co-exist. The microbiome not only has enormous influence over digestive health but also with the immune system, metabolism and mental health. An imbalanced microbiome is associated with autoimmune disease, cardiovascular disease, digestive conditions, metabolic syndrome, obesity, and some cancers. A dysfunctional digestive tract and abnormal microbiome are associated with alterations in behavior, cognition, emotions, and mood. As you can see, when the digestive system is compromised other bodily systems can be affected.
None of our clients present with just one issue. Often there are numerous health conditions and we help our clients understand how they are related. When we heal the gut, their co-existing conditions improve, as well.
Common Digestive Symptoms & Conditions That Can Improve With a Customized Nutrition Plan
- Acid Reflux/Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Burping, Bloating, Excessive Fullness, Gas
- Constipation, Diarrhea, Alternating Constipation & Diarrhea
- Food Allergies, Food Intolerances & Food Sensitivities (yes, they are all different)
- Gallbladder Disease/Removal
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) – Includes Crohn’s Disease & Ulcerative Colitis
- Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
Common Conditions Associated with Digestive Issues That Can Improve with a Customized Nutrition Plan
- Brain/Mental Health – Anxiety, ADHD, Depression, Insomnia, Headaches/Migraines, Poor Concentration/Focus (aka “Brain Fog”)
- Cardiovascular – High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Low Heart Rate
- Endocrine – Adrenal Insufficiency, Endometriosis, Type 2 Diabetes, Thyroid Disorders
- Immune – Allergies, Autoimmune Disease, Frequent Colds/Infections
- Metabolism – Overweight & Underweight
- Nutrient Deficiencies – B12, Folate & Iron Anemias
- Reproduction – Endometriosis, Infertility, Irregular Menstrual Cycle, PCOS
- Skin – Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea
Do You Want to Get to the Root of Your Digestive Condition?
Grenham, S., Clarke, G., Cryan, J. F., & Dinan, T. G. (2011). Brain–Gut–Microbe Communication in Health and Disease. Frontiers in Physiology, 2. https://doi.org/10.3389/fphys.2011.00094
Singh, R. K., Chang, H.-W., Yan, D., Lee, K. M., Ucmak, D., Wong, K., … Liao, W. (2017). Influence of diet on the gut microbiome and implications for human health. Journal of Translational Medicine, 15, 73. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12967-017-1175-y
Did You Find This Helpful? Share With Others!
About the Team
Our clinical nutritionists take a functional medicine approach to digestive health so we learn the root cause of your symptoms for quick results & lasting relief.
MS, CNS, CDN
MS, BCHN, CNE
How We Help
Personalized Nutrition Counseling
Offers a customized approach based on your medical conditions and preferences.
Step-by-step education and dietary programs with live group coaching.
Free Guide: Beat the Bloat
Are you eating these common ingredients that can cause digestive issues?
Sign-up & get your FREE Beat the Bloat Guide!
Learn about causes, treatments, diets, and our approach to controlling IBS symptoms.
Learn about symptoms, causes, treatments, diets and our approach to resolving SIBO.
The 5-R Protocol
Learn more about our approach to digestive conditions.